Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Libraries ~ The Love Language


This fine installment of downtown raleigh involves a local band - The Love Language, whom I have seen on occassion sipping beers in downtown raleigh. No, I'm not stalking you, more like admiring from afar.

If you haven't checked out Merge Records website and streamed The Love Language's latest album, RELEASED TODAY, I suggest you do it. Now.
I went to Schoolkids today and purchased the album, mainly because I couldn't wait until the release party at Cat's Cradle this Saturday. Opening the show are local favorites the Light Pines and Shit Horse.
I've never written a review of an album. I don't know if that's what I'm trying to do here or what. The Love Language's music is not my typical forte, but after the first couple minutes of listening to Libraries, the word that floated above all others was "refreshing." And I mean this next statement as a total compliment. Listening to the album, I get an image of my parents dancing around with their friends when they were in their 20's. It generally just makes me smile. It's fun. It's more than fun. The whole album makes me smile.
Pedals and Brittany's Back are my favorites on the album. Brittany's Back - those sultry guitar riffs do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment